All shows have their share of continuity errors, be it as small as a character holding an object in one angle and picking it up in the next to rather large, gaping plot issues, Blue Bloods is no exception. With the volume of different writers, such things are to be expected. Here is a list of errors the fans have noticed.
- One of the biggest continuity issues revolves around Joe's age. He was often referred to as the bridge between Danny and Jamie, as such it made sense that he was one of the middle children. This was further confirmed by his headstone, placing his date of birth June 6, 1977. Later, in Season Six, Erin celebrated her 40th Birthday, placing her date of birth in November of 1975 making her 19 months older than Joe. It was previously referenced, in Season One and Season Two, that Danny is approximately two years older than Erin. As such, the order of Reagan children would be: Danny, Erin, Joe, and Jamie. In a few episodes Frank has stated (or believed to have stated) that Joe is the oldest. The latest version of this places Joe 19 months older than Danny. This particular timeline would not work unless they changed Joe's date of birth to at least 1971, otherwise Erin would have been 15 when Nicky was born. The about page on CBS also refers to Danny as the eldest.
- Danny and Linda's wedding anniversary: in Parenthood (Season 2 Episode 14), when asked, Danny states he's been married 12 years yet in Scorched Earth (Season 3 Episode 4) he announces that it is their 16th wedding anniversary. Additionally in Growing Boys (Season 4 Episode 6) Danny states their first date was 14 years ago that day.
- The house that was used for exterior shots as Danny and Linda's house has a plaque in the front flowerbed that shows the address to be 7154 Loubet Street. When the house is burned, the address given is 1712 Amboy Rd. Likely it was changed as they did not want to use the real address for fictional characters.
- The re-use of license plates for the vehicles Linda drove.
- In most scenes, the van that Linda drove was red but when it had engine trouble and ultimately caught fire, the van was blue as well as a different make and model.